Thursday 9 April 2009

The 'outlaws' are coming!

3 days till D day!...Have broken up now, but need to go into work to finish the 2 bedside tables I have made for the occasion. Decent timber is hard to come by, so I had to made steel frames...don't really like metal, but they look good, plus it was good welding practice! had to show some year 10's how to mig weld...ran a beautiful bead first time, god knows how! they now think I am the welding king...will refuse to do any more welding in front of them in case I spoil the illusion.
In preparation for the royal visit, I have been showing Karen the way of the 'Pug'. Pugging is a secret skill taught to me by my father whereby all loose objects are back filled into any available space, usually inappropriate ones. I have tried to show Karen the way of the pug before, but it has always made her angry...this time, I feel that she has truly embraced the way of the pug. Victory!

No comments: