Sunday 9 November 2008

Similan Islands


have just got back from our trip to the Similans...it was really cool...but 4 dives a day was hard on us...the night dives were scary but really fun...we saw so much stuff but unfortunately no whale sharks or mantas! we saw a Moray eel as big as me! scary! A bad bug hit the boat and I got real sick on the last night...wiped me out big time, vomiting and crapping myself at the same time...real bad, I just kinda collapsed!...missed the last 2 dives...have been in bed for 2 days...just starting to eat again...our photos just can't do the diving justice, vis wasn't great but the marine life was just amazing, huge schools of fish, barracuda etc, amazing hard and soft corals...my favourite aminal we saw has to be the ornate ghost pipefish...kinda like an upside down seahorse, evolution gone mad...the one we saw matched the coral perfectly and was only 5cm long max! couldn't quite get a great pic but check it out anyways, you can just see him on the right of the coral!We are heading for the malaysian border next so we can meet vicky in KL on the 15th.

No comments: