Tuesday 28 October 2008

Siem Reap

Hello,

Have been in Siem Reap for a few days now...the time has been mainly spent avoiding tuk tuk drivers and beggars of various sorts. Hung out at the pool yesterday and just relaxed. We bit the bullet today and hired a tuk tuk to drag us around some temples...apparently to spend just one day exploring the temples is 'sacriledge', but for us, it is quite enough. For me Angkor Wat was my least favourite, but perhaps that had something to do with the really loud groups of Japanese and Korean tourists! The others were seriously cool and very quiet. I did rip my favourite shorts trying to ascend one particular temple which did expose more anatomy than I am normally comfortable with!

K and I have various ailments to report...I have a bad neck, which is amusing for other people trying to attract my attention. K has a cold, which is always a bummer!

I will post some pics when we get back to Bangkok which is our next stop tomorrow. The internet here is as slow as the buses.

J

No comments: