Monday 29 December 2008

Back in Gili Air

I have injured my finger playing a game with the natives! I have creatively named the game "Catch the Coconut". It happened while trying to display my more advanced one handed catching skills. They were temporarily impressed by my skills before I began my elaborate jig of pain. (This dance is similar to 'the jig of fear' taught to me by Karen. She performs this amazing dance when she finds a cockroach about her person. I have also seen this dance performed by Ian Farrell when he discovered and enormous cockroach on his hand...and Vicky Bennett, when she discovered an enormous leech under her boob!)

I was slightly disappointed to return to Salabose to discover all but one of my windmills destroyed by a storm. But there was good news...we managed to secure a discount on our room of 5000 rupiah which is nearly 35p off a night!...Back of the net!
J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll have you know that experience was traumatic! It was a very big cockroach!!